Dell Advisor, Advanced Innovation, World Wide Procurement - Austin, TX in AUSTIN, Texas
Dell is seeking a program manager for its Advanced Innovation Team (AIT) in the Worldwide Procurement organization to support and drive business and supplier relationship management strategies for product innovation across Dell's portfolio. This role will support and drive technology enablement by working with a wide range of Dell's product development organizations, and help execute holistic enablement strategies for those technologies across Dell's portfolio.
The Advanced Innovation Team is comprised of strategy consultants and program managers who directly support the AIT Vice President. The program manager will lead facets of the Program Management Office (PMO) as well as parts of the Joint Innovation (JI) program and engage in projects to improve the programs across all Dell businesses segments. These programs support a wide range of innovation focused projects in all lines of business.
The Chief Procurement Officer and his Vice Presidents have prioritized product innovation as a priority for Dell's business partners and supply chain capabilities. Leaders receive quarterly reports on PMO/JI activities with wide ranging impact to the Dell's product portfolio. This is a high visibility position based in Austin, Texas where you will interact with senior executives frequently on business and technology opportunities to transform the company and lead the technology industry.
· Develop a world class consulting and strategy capability within Worldwide Procurement in support of Dell's vision and strategy
· Work with commodity teams to maximize the enablement of innovation focused business and technology priorities
· Develop business cases for key technology innovation opportunities
· Partner with global stakeholders across multiple functions to communicate PMO/JI processes
· Serve as an advisor on procurement strategy by working closely with Engineering and Marketing executives to share business and operational insights for optimum impact
· Adapt/update/improve AIT processes to best enable the incorporation of innovation focused projects across Dell product lines
·5+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3+ years with a Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Supplier and supply chain management skills
- Ability to quickly and completely understand strategic questions, gather relevant information, perform necessary analyses and develop an insightful opinion
· Ability to manage diverse and opinionated stakeholder groups through complex decisions as well as strong persuasion and presentation skills geared toward influencing and shaping an organization
· Ability to quickly gain trust and credibility with key technology partners, and help align Dell teams to the software roadmap opportunities with the largest impact from these partners.
· Demonstrable Problem solving ability procurement challenges associated with sourcing and enabling new technologies – supplier identification, technology enablement, IP development and ownership, contracting, etc.
· SharePoint/collaboration software experience to enable the collection/dissemination of data across a large number of active programs
· Strategy, corporate strategy/planning or product strategy within a technology company or management consulting firm
· Program management including experience tracking milestones/deliverables and funding for technology projects
Title: Advisor, Advanced Innovation, World Wide Procurement - Austin, TX
Location: North America-US-TX-Austin
Requisition ID: 17000OX3