Dell Product Manager, Device Security - Austin, TX in AUSTIN, Texas
Product Manager, Device Security - Austin, TX
Security is one of the top priorities of every organization today. For years, Dell has been committed to providing our customers with the most secure PCs in the market by enabling security at the hardware layer and augmenting them with a differentiated portfolio of security software. We are looking for an outstanding individual to continue to drive our hardware enablement security effort, continuing to drive leadership for Dell’s Most Secure PC commitment to our customers.
This individual will have responsibility to define and drive a broad range of security initiatives around our commercial end-user computing devices, including:
Responsible for defining and driving a differentiated security strategy for Dell endpoints that extends and maintains Dell’s “most secure” leadership claims
Identifying opportunities to further differentiate Dell PCs through additional hardware and hardware + software security capabilities
Responsibility for BIOS and firmware verification solutions
Requirement setting for chip-level security capabilities
Driving solutions to address security vulnerabilities below the O/S
Driving hardware security vulnerability solutions (ex., solutions for DMA attacks)
Responsibility for existing and future hardware-enablement solutions including our advanced authentication module and Control Vault capabilities, to enable secure user authentication
Responsibility for early and ongoing identification of Federal certification requirements for our PCs, and ensuring our PCs meet the necessary certification requirements
Identifying specialized federal government software requirements and enablement of those solutions on Dell PCs
Maintain a comprehensive list of security advantages Dell provides for PCs compared to those our competitors provide, while constantly ensuring a clear differentiation between us and our competition so we always easily maintain our position as the most secure
Contributing to secure supply chain efforts
Work very closely with CTO to bring approved recommendations from “Incubate” through launch
This person will work closely with a broad range of outstanding individuals to develop and execute a clear, comprehensive strategy from ideation through launch and supporting it on an ongoing basis. The individual will collaborate with a variety of Dell teams including CTO, hardware engineers, software engineers, product marketing, operations, etc., as well as with key strategic Dell partners. The product manager will evaluate recommendations and determine the business value, while building out a clear business case/plan and GTM approach that will drive incremental value, cover the costs required to build the solutions, and meet customer needs and requirements. A critical part of the role will be determining the best GTM approach, essentially whether to include capabilities for free as part of the platform or as an additional software offering.
The product manager will also work closely with customers to ensure the solutions we are building meet their needs. He or she will capture product requirements and work closely with Dell and partner engineering to develop software against those requirements, ensuring user requirements are written accurately, and develop, communicate, and ensure execution of a product roadmap to be shared with internal executives, partners, customers, sales, marketing, etc. The individual will be fully responsible for the success of their solutions.
• Define product strategy and roadmaps, analyzing customer needs, existing solutions and future technologies, LOB profitability goals and resource optimization
• Responsible for driving products from concept to customer delivery and beyond
• Responsible for setting the direction for the end-to-end user experience
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance, and operational support load
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
• Develop and present recommendations and analyses to the executive management
• Drive market research to investigate and validate customer needs & wants
• Work closely with the hardware platform teams and engineering, to ensure a successful product definition and launch
• Able to analyze complex, multi-variable tradeoffs to make business case recommendations
• 5 years of security software product management experience
• Strong product definition skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong executive level presentation skills and ability to create executive presentations
• Strong financial and business acumen and analytical skills
• Advanced organizational agility with the ability to engage and drive projects across multiple teams, levels and regions.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Organization: Client Solutions
Title: Product Manager, Device Security - Austin, TX
Location: North America-US-TX-Austin
Requisition ID: 170001SQ