Dell Corporate Systems Eng in Bangalore, India
The EMC Core Technology Division – Data Protection Division team is looking for a strong leader, Principal Engineer, Product Technologist. We are specifically looking for someone who is a backup and recovery subject matter expert in the areas of Avamar, Networker and Data Domain to compliment this exciting and well-established innovative team. This individual would need to have great customer facing skills and some experience in technical and pre-sales engagements in the back-up and recovery business area. This is a NEW role on our team and we are excited about the innovations that this person would be part of. In addition to core product abilities, we also look to hire someone who is interested in understanding emerging technologies as it relates to the backup and recovery field.
The Core Technologies Division, DPD Product Technologists fill a unique role where they are the interface between engineering and pre-sales teams as well as customers to provide excellent technical insight and apply this to total customer experience. This is a highly visible role stretches the imagination and gives a highly technical but creative individuals the best experiences in a fast paced environment with rewarding challenges. You become the voice of the customer and the field and provide deep-knowledge and excellent feedback directly to our product management, engineering, marketing and steady state programs.
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual who can help drive the future of emerging DPD products and be the advocate for the field and customer needs by being part of a world-class corporate subject-matter expert team. CSEs accomplish this by providing information not only to engineering through robust product beta programs, but also through documentation, participation in deep-dive events, conferences, customer facing engagements to enable the field as well as having an innovative mind-set that brings new ideas on customers’ needs to engineering through their engagements. You see the new product innovation before the world sees it and becomes the foremost expert in your role and become the advocate for EMC's products both internally and externally.
This individual is expected to provide in-depth product technical leadership to field sales organization and engineering in support of worldwide sales effort.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for pre-sales beta program execution, planning and preparation as well as ongoing customer relationship building to understand and translate customers’ needs to development and product management.
- Provide technical product articles, documentation, white papers, presentations, demonstrations, trade show participation, field sales and customer consulting, and customer briefing presentations.
· Develop and provide leading-edge and ongoing product education using video conferencing, formal education, regional office visits and 2nd level technical consulting support for the sales help desk.
· Works on unusually complex problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative.
· Provides technical consulting and installation advice with on-site customer presentations for field and professional services as warranted.
· Advise on future product enhancements to product management and engineering. Provide technical work direction and training to other staff members and deliver presentations at customer and SE meetings.
· Conducts demonstrations in support of the Briefing Center. Develops solutions to complex problems, which require regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Communicates progress toward project/program goals.
· Provides technical work direction and training to other staff members and deliver presentations at customer briefings and SE meetings. Field visits consulting with customers and EMC personnel on technical analysis and feedback of perceived products strengths and weaknesses.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
SKILLS · Leadership Skills. · Project management skills. · Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup. · Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge. · Understanding of business environment. · Communication skills. · Presentation skills. 1 Bachelors (Technical) Experience Required: 7+ Years Physical Requirements: No
Engineering - Software
206 - BACK UP & RECOVERY SYSTEMS
India - Bangalore