Dell Sr Adv, Strategic Bus Dev in Beijing, China
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Corporate Development Sr. Advisor to join our team in Beijing, China
The strategist is responsible for identifying, defining, analyzing and recommending potential new growth strategies for Dell’s Commercial Business. He/she will act on behalf of the VP of Sales Strategy, Planning & Operations, and supporting strategic and operational projects from ideation through execution.
The successful candidate will use robust data analytics skills and work with internal stakeholders and external partners to evaluate customer segments, Go-To-Market models, analyze sales productivity models and build specific actionable recommendations to improve Dell's GTM.
He/she will also assist department senior management with tracking implementation and monitoring effectiveness of organizational changes, including designing analytical approaches, data collection and analysis, report writing, tracking project tasks, and helping to ensure the overall success of the department.
- Drives key strategic initiatives, and supports the development of long-term growth plans and profitability objectives
- Collects and analyzes data required for modelling and other project objectives
- Develops detailed financial models including market sizing, revenue modeling, OPEX and CAPEX estimates
- Creates resource allocation (including sales coverage) models using financial and HR data
- Creates forecasting models that include multiple scenarios and provide a user interface with what-if functionality
- Writes detailed business plans including implementation plans
- Writes reports, presentations, memos, and other communications and possesses excellent listening, persuasion, presentation and communication skills
- Coordinates report production
- Works cross-functionally to gain buy-in, support, and assistance for the project goals during and after project lifecycle
- Tracks and monitors project work plans, including objectives, tasks and time frames to ensure deliverables are completed on time
- Responds to changing project circumstances and communicates issues to project leadership.
- Establishes internal (sales, marketing, product groups, and finance) and external relationships with corporations, industry organizations, professional service firms (consulting firms) to find ideas and potential opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business, Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline required
- 3 years of prior work experience
- Preference is for Strategy Consulting, Sales Strategy and / or Corporate Strategy
- Experience in both the analysis of economics of different GTM strategies and ability to use these analytics to make game changing recommendations for Dell
- Excellent analytical and financial skills required. Financial modeling and market entry analysis experience is a must
- Project management and facilitation skills required
- Must have a strong interest in technology
- MBA preferred
- Proficient with Tableau, Excel, Word, Access, and Power Point required. Strong capability with SQL and willingness to become expert with building queries / manipulating data to answer critical GTM questions. Interest in statistical programming including R preferred
Job: Strategic Business Development
Organization: Commercial Sales
Title: Sr Adv, Strategic Bus Dev
Requisition ID: 17000XEV