Dell ESI Solutions Architect - EMEA in BRACKNELL, United Kingdom
Dell EMC ESI (Extreme Scale Infrastructure) Solutions Architect
The Dell EMC Extreme Scale Infrastructure (ESI) division is an organization that was formed about ten years ago. Originally empowered to bring custom-design servers and data centers for a small number of world-class companies who are on the leading edge of IT innovation, ESI has grown in responsibility and importance to Dell EMC, now serving dozens of Dell EMC’s largest customers, providing everything from full-up custom design to minor tweaks of existing product. The vision in ESI is to be the infrastructure supplier of choice for scale-out computing solutions and to support revolutionary cloud solutions. As ESI begins its second decade of existence, the focus has grown beyond the pure hyperscale market and into large-scale telco carriers and service providers. ESI partners with its customers to meet these challenges with optimized products, services, and solutions.
We are seeking highly driven candidates for a Solutions Architect role. A career as a pre-sales ESI Solutions Architect is one which is truly exciting, highly dynamic, challenging and very rewarding. This position is a technical, consultative solution selling role specifically targeting Telco Carrier accounts. The compensation is based on a bi-annual plan with six month target goals.
The Solutions Architect will be responsible for working with the regions field sales account executives and their technical sales team to apply Dell EMCs ESI group to the customer's challenges. Additional resources from the SP Solutions team and other specialist collaborators from the ESI team will be integral to success. The Solutions Architect will be an integral part of the solution sales effort and will take the lead role in recommending the appropriate solutions for the customer. For larger, more complex solutions, the Solutions Architect will take primary role as subject matter expert, in customer interactions.
As the Solutions Architect, it is expected that you will drive the demand and opportunities in your area and ensure the respective sales teams learning through your leadership. As the primary representative of Dell EMC’s ESI group you will be responsible for identifying, qualifying and closing these opportunities with our customers. You will be responsible for working with your local account teams to ensure they are discovering and pre-qualifying these opportunities for you.
The Solutions Architect is also responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with the key decision makers and executives within your customers. It is expected that you will leverage these relationships to ensure Dell ESI is best positioned to solve your customers’ problem.
Deep collaboration with ESI team members, sales team members & Solutions team members is central to success in this role.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, Ability :
· Experience selling to & has developed relationships with Carriers
· Must have a thorough understanding of and experience with servers & storage, networking knowledge a plus
· Candidate must demonstrate a working knowledge of large scale infrastructure environments, familiarity with customer challenges (performance, latency, power, cooling, large scale problems, server/storage management and transformational objectives and challenges)
· A working knowledge of Data Centers (power and cooling schemes, etc)
· Extensive expereince of technical work experience and IT certifications is needed.
· Extensive experience selling end to end solutions leveraging a wide variety of technologies
· University Degree required
· Relationship selling experience & highly developed team selling experience
· Highly collaborative, motivated and not afraid to take calculated risks
· The ability to deal with ambiguity is a must
· Ability to translate complex technical topics to any level within a company (IT Admin to the CEO)
· The candidate must be able to work independently, with strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong English language skills for business, along with fluency in a 2 nd language
· Good time management skills required
· In addition to supporting customers already engaged with the ESI team, the person who holds this role will be responsible for driving new acquisition business.
· Availability to travelk 50-70% of your time across EMEA.
Organization: Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions
Title: ESI Solutions Architect - EMEA
Location: Europe, Middle East, Africa-GB-ENG-Bracknell
Other Locations: Europe, Middle East, Africa-DE-HE-Frankfurt am Main, Europe, Middle East, Africa-NL-NH-Amsterdam, Europe, Middle East, Africa-SE-Stockholm-Stockholm
Requisition ID: 17000OGH