Dell Software Engineer in CYBERJAYA, Malaysia
Want to make an impact in Dell’s $16B online business? Here is your opportunity to play a hugely impactful role by building a platform that brings together our customers and our products to enable commerce for Dell.
The Dell Commerce Platform team focuses on the overall performance and stability of the engine that powers Dell.com and the Dell Sales Application. The systems we build support key customer touch points throughout their entire journey with us from browse, search and configure, to quote, cart and checkout.
- Performs L3 software development activities on the Dell Commerce Platform, supporting the business in a high uptime environment
- Takes ownership of production issues on class 1 applications, including but not limited to: Customer Account Master and other related Customer MDM applications
- Works closely with L2 application support teams in performing root cause analysis and deployment of defect fixes in keeping with our SLAs
- Works closely with L1 EOG application support teams in setting up real-time monitors and alerts for applications within our scope of support
- Performs routine systems maintenance and code level changes to applications, including planning, scheduling and deployment of CRQs
- Performs proactive maintenance, including capacity management and optimization, automating repetitive tasks where possible
- Participates in product backlog grooming sessions with delivery teams, ensuring all our defect fixes get prioritized accordingly
- Adheres to Dell’s IT standards, policies and procedures around software development, and change and release management.
Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent, with 4+ years of relevant work experience
Experience with Informatica PowerCenter, Oracle Database admin and PL/SQL are a must
Experience with .NET (4.0), C#.NET, XML/SOAP, web services will be advantageous
Experience in AppDynamics, Splunk or similar monitoring tools
Experience working in a global 24/7 support environment
Experience with Agile best practices and DevOps
Strong written and verbal communication skills
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us? Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology. When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution. Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships. We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfils their potential. Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Organization: Information Technology
Title: Software Engineer
Other Locations: AP-MY-Penang
Requisition ID: 17000EZ9