Dell Field CTO - Isilon in Dallas, Texas
Isilon Field CTO
Field CTO for Healthcare & Life Sciences
This field based CTO role within the Isilon division of DellEMC is a high impact position with responsibilities including supporting strategic sales opportunities with account teams, closely following industry trends and direction to shape engineering and product priorities, and regularly evangelizing Isilon solutions and roadmaps as one of our thought leading technical experts with customers, at industry conferences, tradeshows, and with industry press and analysts. It is a unique role for the well rounded technologist at heart with a functional NAS storage background who possesses deep industry knowledge in Life Sciences and Healthcare and a passion for evangelizing. Our high performing Field CTO team is comprised of Engineers and Technologists who take tremendous pride in maintaining technical depth and breadth in their areas of expertise and in playing a highly influential role with our customers, our internal product and solution teams, and the industry at large.
The role requires dynamic and engaging communications and presentation skills; verbal, written and visual. The successful candidate is someone able to engage and influence a varied audience, from C-level to managerial as well as internal product and engineering teams, and extract information that can be used by the sales team in future engagements. While based in the US, frequent travel to all areas within the US and occasional travel outside (i.e. international) is required.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
• Engineering / CS / MIS Degree (Bachelor’s minimum; graduate work preferred) or 10+ years of relevant industry experience
• Recent network storage experience (preferably NAS) in an end user or in relevant industry vendor role strongly preferred
• Demonstrated subject matter expertise in the IT fields within Healthcare and Life Science verticals with deep application and instrumentation understanding in these fields
• Ability to interact with and influence researchers, scientists, and Data Analysts within the Healthcare and Life Science verticals
• Experience distilling current industry trends and creating strategic and tactical direction required.
• Experience in a client-facing role explaining strategic and tactical concepts to customers required.
• Able to adeptly have a conversation with executives and then switching to a very technical conversation around solutions and features.
• Understanding design concepts for scale-out and distributing computing architectures desired
• Ability to act as an industry and solution thought leader in both customer and large industry conference settings
• Experience with cross-team/matrixed organizations influencing multiple stakeholders preferred
• Ability to travel up to 40-50% domestically and occasionally internationally
ECD / CTD Sales
205 - ISILON
US - California - Los Angeles, US - California - San Francisco, US - Georgia - Atlanta, US - Illinois - Chicago, US - Massachusetts - Boston, US - New Jersey - East Brunswick, US - New York - New York City, US - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, US - Texas - Dallas, US - Washington - Seattle