Dell Sr. Virtualization Engineer with an active secret clearance in Draper, Utah
Ensures optimum IT infrastructure performance and integrity for federal customers of Virtustream. Ensures consistency and synchronization across infrastructure components. Ensures performance optimization, and maintenance by following operational procedures for maintaining and upgrading technology as required. Involved in supporting new and existing applications. Works with other IT groups and business units, troubleshooting and resolving technical problems. Work schedule is Sunday to Wednesday 4 PM to 2 AM.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provides leadership, mentoring, instruction and direction to less experienced team members.
· Review and maintain documentation for networks, systems, and sites
· Leads the design of and establishes processes, procedures and metrics for implementation and support of the infrastructure.
· Defines performance and capacity targets, and develops tools and programs for operating, monitoring, supporting and measuring the infrastructure.
· Analyzes data, recommends and implements upgrades and configuration changes to the infrastructure.
· Manages large IT infrastructure related projects.
· Leads teams to resolve complex infrastructure problems.
· Represents the organization on cross-functional and inter-departmental teams.
· May be required to represent the organization with EMC customers.
· Hardening and verification of Compute Technology (Cisco UCS, VMWare, Dell and possibly others)
· Patch management and mitigation based on scans, timely responses and mitigation
· Apply STIGS and use automated vulnerability management tools
· Perform security analysis and risk/vulnerability assessments
· Work closely with other operations staff, engineering & delivery teams to partner on rollout of solutions or in maintain operations
· Provide proactive health checks, capacity management, and Firmware updates as necessary to maintain the health of the environment
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
· Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup.
· Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments.
· Mentoring/Coaching skills.
· Ability to analyze information and draw accurate conclusions.
· Capacity Mangement experience in supporting production, creating/distributing reports
· Communication skills.
· Results driven.
Must be a US Citizen
· Cisco UCS, VMWare
· Supporting DR failover testing
· Automation skills:Python/ Bash/KSH/Powershell
· In-depth knowledge of Cisco director MDS
· Understand and hands-on provision/configure UCS/VMWare from end to end
· Experience/Knowlegde of array-SAN-hypervisor-OS-filesystems a plus
· In-depth OS skill, ESXi, Linux, Windows. Storage related components are required
· In-depth VMWare skills, ESXi, datastore, vmdk and etc
· VNX, NetApp experience a plus.
Education Required Bachelors (Technical)
Experience Required: 4+ years relevant experience
Physical Requirements: Yes
On Call Requirement: Yes
Administrative Services & Operations
500 - VIRTUSTREAM
US - Utah - Draper, US - Virginia - McLean