Dell International Product Support Principle Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
International Product Support Principle Engineer
Closing date: 25 th September 2017
If you are passionate about technology and eager to further your career in engineering industry, Dell is the place to be. Our enterprise solutions allow companies to efficiently extract value from their intellectual property. Within Client Solutions we are looking for an International Product Support Principle Engineer to join us in Cherrywood, Dublin.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
The Dell Data Security (DDS) product portfolio is an industry-leading solution of data protection and user authentication applications that enables users to control, manage, and secure data from endpoints, servers, and the cloud.
· Responsible for providing level 3 support of the Dell Data Security suite of products to internal agents and external customers.
· Leads the timely analysis of potential product defects identified either through formal escalations within the support organization, Sales teams, Client Services or from hands-on experience.
· Works cross-functionally with the engineering teams to carry out action plans to close escalated cases.
· Documents problems in the support solution database for diagnostics and solution implementation.
· Works with Quality Assurance, Services, Customer Support and Sustaining personnel in determining cause of failures, and monitors failure trends.
· Participates in pre-release Quality Assurance testing to improve product quality and to become familiar with new features.
Experience in some or all of the following:
· Security, specifically around encryption and anti-virus
· Enterprise software deployments and support
· Active Directory, managing users and computers
· Networking fundamentals
· Database experience, specifically SQL Server and/or PostgreSQL
· Windows client and server operating systems
· Mac operating system background a plus
· Linux/Unix background a plus
· MCSE (or equivalent)
Education : Minimum 3-5 years with relevant certifications or Undergraduate degree
Multilingual a plus.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job: Intl Prod Supt
Organization: Client Solutions
Title: International Product Support Principle Engineer
Location: Europe, Middle East, Africa-IE-Leinster-Dublin
Requisition ID: 17000WQH