Dell Advisor, Financial Analysis in Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Advisor, Finance Ops: PS Standard Cost
The Professional Services (PS) Operations Team manages key processes and programs in the PS Costing and Pricing space. The PS Standard Cost team is a subset of PS Operations and assists the PS organization by calculating the standard cost for Dell EMC resources, as well as providing analytics on cost center absorption.
The Advisor will act as a subject matter expert of our standard cost calculations and will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of our standard cost and absorption models. They will also be responsible for working with and communicating to various stakeholders, including Theater Leads and Executive Management.
The Advisor will fulfill the following responsibilities:
· Standard Costing:
o Understand the standard cost calculations, including the various inputs and overheads applied.
o Gather inputs and run the standard cost model, producing analytics on how cost rates are changing and highlighting the key reasons for change.
o Create / maintain the various cost models, ensuring accuracy of cost model outputs. Partner with the business to track organizational changes and plan for corresponding modifications to cost modeling and rate setting.
o Present changes in cost rates to various stakeholders, including Executive Management.
o Work with the appropriate IT teams to upload standard costs into SAP and ensure accuracy of cost rate upload. Oversee remediation efforts to resolve gaps/ issues with SAP system cost rates.
· Standard Cost Absorption:
o Understand cost center absorption and how it impacts the business.
o Create / maintain the standard cost absorption model, ensuring accuracy of produced results.
o Present findings on cost absorption to various stakeholders, including Executive Management.
o Make recommendations on standard cost calculations, based on findings in the absorption analysis.
· Good interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
· Proactive approach and an energetic attitude
· Strong computer skills, including Excel modeling capabilities
· Attention to detail, accuracy
· Proficiency in analyzing and interpreting data
· Problem solving skills
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize
· Willingness to perform operational/ project management responsibilities
· 5+ years of experience in a Cost Accounting, Finance Operations, or comparable role.
· Experience conducting quantitative analysis.
· Experience in Excel modeling (Visual Basic preferred, though not required).
· Experience in Microsoft PowerPoint.
· SAP ERP experience a plus.
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Management Information Systems, Statistics, Engineering, or Computer Science preferred.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
Finance & Accounting
200 - STORAGE CORPORATE
US - Massachusetts - Hopkinton