Dell Consultant, HR Generalist in Hopkinton, Massachusetts
The Manager of Human Resources is a primary strategic HR resource and business partner for assigned function. The role contributes to the strategic direction and formulation of corporate-wide policies, procedures, systems and initiatives. Maintains current knowledge base of legal and regulatory trends in order to effectively counsel organization leaders and reduce potential business liabilities. Is actively engaged in the functional strategic decisions involving the efficient use of human resources.
· This position is responsible for providing comprehensive HR advisory services and support for EMC’s Canadian operations including resource optimization, employee relations, workplace safety, employment equity, benefits administration, organizational development and compensation.
· The HR Manager will be expected to interpret policy to provide direction and counsel to members of the management team as well as non-management staff using creative and practical solutions to proactively anticipate, prevent and resolve HR issues. Responsibilities include providing professional consultation and HR support for the client organization.
· Function as main contact point for various service providers including internal Shared Services and external benefits broker and immigration/work permit service provider.
· Proactively identify potential organizational problems and recommend and/or implement corrective action.
· Counsel employees and management on performance issues.
· Serve as mediator with manager/employee problems, maintaining balance of employee/employer advocate.
· Facilitate rollout of Human Resources programs with client organizations (i.e. salary planning, equity planning, bonus objectives).
· Provides direction and objective HR perspective for managers in bringing HR programs into their organization.
· Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Human Resources business partner
· Currently holding a CHRP, or working towards professional designation
· Extensive experience in providing HR advisory services across multiple Provinces, with experience in employee relations, human rights and employment standards compliance
· Proven ability to manage HR projects and programs at a national level
· Direct involvement in Mergers & Acquisitions experience would be an asset
· Experience with Workplace Safety compliance and disability case management
· High energy and superb follow-through.
· Must have excellent judgment and conflict management skills.
· Must be comfortable working through ambiguous situations and advising senior management on appropriate course of action.
· Must have ability to influence at all levels.
· Must be seen as a person of integrity and trust who can present the unvarnished truth in a direct and constructive manner.
· Excellent ability to communicate, both in writing and verbally.
· Strong organization skills, comprehensive tact and discretion.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
200 - STORAGE CORPORATE
US - Massachusetts - Hopkinton