Dell Financial Analyst - Infrastructure Solutions Group in Hopkinton, Massachusetts
The Infrastructure Solutions Group Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team is responsible for forecasting, long term financial planning, operational and financial reporting and analysis for this $30B business unit within Dell. The business unit is responsible for all Server, Storage, Networking and Converged Infrastructure products. We’re trusted business partners providing recommendations and analysis to help drive sound business decisions.
You will report directly to our Director of ISG Storage Finance and work in conjunction with members of the full ISG FP&A team. Critical to the role will be ability to develop a strong business partnership with the respective segment(s) assigned to you. Your primary focus will be on supporting the RUM (Revenue, Units and Margin) process and associated business segment analytics. As a key member of this team you will work across many different functional groups at Dell. You will work with all levels including senior management creating complex relationships to report and measure functional performance and to periodically read out overall business segment hygiene.
Because this new business unit is just being formed, you have the opportunity to shape the role and to have a significant influence on the reporting and support of the business. There will be many ad hoc analyses that will be developed as we combine to $15B+ businesses into one. You will be a critical member of the team working to create a new culture with an opportunity to leave your personality mark on how this FP&A team will operate.
What you’ll do:
· Plan - Work directly with functional and finance leadership to develop an understanding of market and business drives and key performance indicators to provide commentary and BI context
- Collaborate with Functional Finance Teams on topline, margin and expense performance
· Measure performance against planning models
· Business Partnering & Planning - Prepare analysis of the ISG financial and business performance to support management’s strategic decision making
Publish executive reports & dashboards
Assist in system enhancement integrations
· Project Manage - Own projects from start to finish, ensuring cross-functional teams are delivering high-quality results quickly and on time
What you’ll need:
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus
· 4-7 years of relevant experience
· Established excellence in Excel is a must
· Strong PowerPoint skills preferred
· Business planning, modeling and analytical ability
· Strong organizational skills and proven ability to work independently
· Must be a problem solver, self-starter, and possess sense of urgency
· Ability to work in a team environment and engage in cross-functional collaboration
· Strong business partnership and communication skills
· Experience in technology industry is a plus
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
Finance & Accounting
200 - STORAGE CORPORATE
US - Massachusetts - Hopkinton