Dell Senior Systems Engineer in Nashville, Tennessee
Sr Systems Engineer –
Modern Storage Infrastructure Team
The Systems Engineer’s primary responsibilities are to support technical sales activities, proof of concepts, and educate and influence internal staff, customers and the partner community.
You will take on the responsibility to assist customers with technical design and evaluation of Dell EMC’s infrastructure solutions, including all flash arrays, hyper-converged infrastructure and software defined storage in strategically and tactically significant applications and use cases, including private cloud, server virtualization, databases, analytics and high performance computing.
The ideal candidate will be a pro-active, enthusiastic and capable professional who is a compelling communicator with a history of working with customers, creating successful and complex solutions in the IT/Storage infrastructure spaces based on customer requirements. As a part of the technical sales team, you will be expected to help present the latest technology and products to customers and help build sales pipelines and close deals.
As a member of the Modern Infrastructure Technical Team, you will work closely with engineering, as well as the CTO, product management and marketing team, to build best practices and reference architectures for many important IT applications.
• Be the technical expert in customer sales calls
• Install and support technical evaluations at customer sites
• Train customers and partners on Dell EMC storage technologies including Flash, Hyper Converged Solutions and software defined storage
• Pro-actively support pre-sales and technical sales activities
• Develop solutions using the Dell EMC Portfolio to suit various application environments and use cases such as
• Server Virtualization (VMware, Citrix, Microsoft, and others)
• VDI (VMware, Citrix, and others)
• Databases (Oracle, SQL Server)
• Test and validate infrastructure solutions in complex IT environments, in terms of functionality, performance and user experience
• Help develop best practices and write solution white papers
• Work with 3rd party Technology Alliance partners to communicate the technical value proposition
• Work closely with the Marketing team to develop technical collateral
• Stay current in the latest relevant IT technologies and IT trends to maintain competitive knowledge and give inputs to future product directions
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
• 5+ years of equivalent experience in pre-sale/technical sales and/or complex IT solution development
• Demonstrated pre-sales/technical sales track record
• Extensive knowledge and experience in the enterprise IT infrastructure and storage space is required, along with a broad understanding of the enterprise infrastructure solutions
• In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with server virtualization (Hypervisors) such as VMware and/or Microsoft Hyper-V
• Knowledge and experience with one or more of the following: enterprise databases, private cloud, high performance computing, virtual desktop solutions.
• An eagerness to engage confidently with customers and compete aggressively in the marketplace
• Hands-on lab and proof of concept experience a big plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Willingness to be flexible in a rapidly growing entrepreneurial, dynamic start up environment
• Experience with Dell EMC Storage solutions (XtremIO, VMAX, VNX, Recoverpoint, VPLEX, Compellent, VxRAIL, VxRACK, VSAN, ScaleIO)
• Education: MS or BS in CS, CE, EE or equivalent experience
212 - VFLASH
US - Tennessee - Nashville