Dell Advisory HCI Architect in New York City, New York
Dell EMC, the Converged Platforms Division, leads the industry by offering an unmatched portfolio of converged infrastructure and hyper-converged infrastructure platforms, trusted by over 1,000 businesses and enterprise organizations around the globe to power their IT initiatives.
Think you’re up to the challenge? We’re experiencing dramatic and unprecedented growth worldwide. It’s no surprise considering that we’re the company driving the future of Converged Infrastructure and Cloud Computing. It’s an industry with over $400 billion at stake and no one is better positioned for continued success than Dell EMC. Take your career to the next level and join Dell EMC collaboration of bold thinkers who are developing the world’s most advanced converged infrastructure.
This opportunity is ideal for a proven pre-sales professional with an entrepreneurial attitude and experience selling transformational technologies in the enterprise account space. As the vArchitect for our new hyper-converged appliance and datacenter offerings, this individual will provide technical expertise and partner with sales in all aspects of driving, assisting, and enabling hyper-converged account penetration and sales across an assigned geography within a complex, highly matrixed ecosystem in order to maximize bookings/revenue, install base, brand awareness, and customer satisfaction. The HCI vArchitect will work with Enterprise and Native Hybrid cloud environments and companies developing next gen Platform 3 applications.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
• Consult and design solutions to support customer business requirements and future strategies for Dell EMC expanding portfolio of hyperconverged products and services, including our new VxRail™ appliances and VxRack™ Systems.
• Leverage knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to DELL EMC solutions, and train the account and partner teams
• Establish relationships with the account teams, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engage and leverage corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate
• Leads cross-functional efforts to expand existing business through the identification and development of new use cases for our technologies
• Executes technical sales calls with the ability to sell effectively at the Executive level as well to developers and system administrators
• Configures and documents software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives
• Completes required presales documentation quickly and accurately
• Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding
• Presents and markets the design and value of proposed DELL EMC solution and business case to customers, prospects and management
• Possesses detailed product/technology/industry knowledge. Knowledge of job associated software and applications.
• VMware Certified Professional desired
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Broad understanding of information technology, current trends, and changing market conditions specific to data center infrastructure, business application workloads, and cloud computing models
• Effectively interfaces at many levels, with individual contributors, senior managers, and up to CXO levels, both internally and externally
• Ability to be highly collaborative and to influence others to achieve results
• Exceptional verbal & written communication skills including formal presentation skills
• 5+ years of Presales experience
• Dev Ops operational knowledge
• Software Defined Networking experience desired
• Software Defined Storage experience desired
• High level business case development experience
• Results driven with a strong sense of urgency
• Consultative Approach
• Customer Focused
• Technical account management
• Converged and/or hyper-converged infrastructure
• VMware, Cisco and EMC technologies
• IT strategy, vision and goals
• Adaptable and flexible
• Time management skills
• Organizational skills
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
Critical Hiring Criteria
• Native Hybrid Cloud/Platform 3
Specialization in cloud-native application development and/or cloud platform operations.
Cloud Native application development
Strong Understanding or experience in software development, including languages, systems, and frameworks such as Spring/Java, Ruby/Rails, Go, messaging (RabbitMQ/AMQP, JMS, RDBMS, NoSQL and Hadoop.Understanding of cloud application design principles ( ).Strong understanding of agile development principles.
Cloud platform operations
Strong understanding or experience in customer-facing data-center architecture, delivery, and operational services in Cloud IaaS environments such as VMware SDDC, AWS, CGC and OpenStack.Understanding of DevOps concepts and tools such as Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker, Heroku build packs and BOSH.
Understanding of virtual desktop solutions including VMware View, Citrix Xen Desktop, and competitive offerings.
Understanding of Backup and DR solutions including EMC’s Data Domain and Avamar products, VMware’s Site Recovery Manager, EMC RecoverPoint, VPLEX, and SRDF solutions.
Technical knowledge of multiple server architectures, distributed systems and platform operating systems. Deep knowledge of the VMware product portfolio, Microsoft Hyper-V , and Citrix virtualization architectures. Experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting multi-terabyte information infrastructure for ESX server deployment and migration of conventional systems into virtualization.
• Data Fabrics
Strong understanding of Data Fabric solutions and the different category of vendors that provide Data Fabric solutions (i.e., Platform, Specialized/Caching and Niche)
• Software Defined Networking and Storage
Strong understanding of key components of a large ACI Eco-system as well as x86 hardware, storage arrays, application centric and dynamic storage services, and policy driven automation.
Sales, VCE - Virtual Computing Environment Coalition
211 - VCE
US - New Jersey - Warren, US - New York - New York City