Dell Pre Sales Engineer - Channel in QUEENSLAND, Australia
Pre Sales Engineerss are a critical
component of the DELL EMC Channel Optimization Program. The PSE are Technical
generalists & portfolio architect for partners. Working
with the Channel Sales team, they train and enable Partners to be independent
as they position, sell and compete with DELL EMC products, solutions and
services to their customer base. PSEs develop deep relationships with Partners
and their presales technical engineers to create and expand DELL EMC mindshare.
They influence and drive Partners to propose solutions for all DELL EMC related
opportunities within their customer base. PSEs coach and mentor Partners in
sales techniques and strategies to drive sales and accelerate their
independence. They are the DELL EMC evangelists and lead our partners in our
customers’ journey to Cloud.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
• The PSE works on 50/30/20 model in
terms of their time.
• The 50% of time is spent on Channel
technical empowerment and community building.
• The 30% time is spent on Channel
technical deal support in front of customer showing Partner technical resources
the best sales approach and technics
• The 20% time is spent on Channel
solutions & cross selling helping DELL EMC sell the big picture to
partners, up selling and cross selling solutions.
• Assist Channel Sales team to
proactively develop Partners or Service Providers to achieve business objectives.
• The PSE can be dedicated to a specific
Partner or cover several Partners depending upon business plans. This
dedication may require more detailed specific product knowledge in addition to
general DELL EMC product/solution knowledge.
• Participates in the Partner business
planning process with the responsible Channel Partner Account Manager.
• Focus on technical certification and
partner champion identification
• Focus on the on-going technical
readiness and DELL EMC solution selling and differentiation capabilities of
• Identifies new product lines and
solutions that would be suitable for the partner to sell, and assists in
• Defines Technical Business Plan
together with Channel Partner Account Manager for the partner.
• Promotes new technologies and services
• Assist the Channel Sales team in the
creation of specific Partner development priorities and work with the Partner
Enablement team (PEP) on the creation of a Partner Training plan to be executed
for specific partners
• Educate and Mentor the Partner
and encourage adoption of DELL EMC channel sales tools and procedures.
• Educate and Mentor the Partner on how
to fully qualify opportunities (how to gather information, use support matrix,
pre-site process from a technical point of view).
• Work with channel team to identify
Partner Presales individuals to participate in Champions and Global Practices
• As part of the presales mentoring
process, advise and provide assistance based on partner knowledge as
appropriate for large or very complex proposals to the Account Team and the
partner in a consultative way
• Advise/consult the partner sales team
for preparing customer meetings, product presentations/demonstrations and
competitive positioning together with the Account team (if engaged) and
• Advise/consult partner sales team in
preparing configuration definition, documentation and offer generation together
with the partner.
• Support the sales campaigns from a
technical perspective in regards to the knowledge about partner engagement and
Account Team approach.
• Assist in the penetration of large
account if partner is involved and Account team is engaged as a consulting
• Coordinate with Channel Sales and other
DELL EMC specialist resources as needed.
• Engage DELL EMC Professional Services as
needed and appropriate to enhance Partner offering outside of the Partners
• Expertise in DELL
• Excellent knowledge in VMware,
Microsoft, Oracle, SAP and key market technologies leaders.
• Excellent knowledge in networking
• Strong Partner business model
• Excellent knowledge of DELL EMC
Partner development tools.
• Strong communication skills.
• Consultative selling skills and
proven customer/partner management.
• Broad understanding of platform and
• Strong matrix team management
• Consensus building skills,
innovative, independent self starter.
• Excellent verbal and written
cross-functional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Bachelor’s degree with focus on Business and Information Technology or
equivalent job experience.
• Vendors certification will be a plus
Organization: Commercial Sales
Title: Pre Sales Engineer - Channel
Requisition ID: 17000LMU