Dell SW Quality Principal Engineer in Reston, Virginia
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops solutions to complex problems, which require frequent use of ingenuity and creativity.
• Responsible for overall quality of the product and the process used to build the product, work closely with development and product owners and enable the scrum to deliver production ready backlog items for every sprint.
• Come up with Test strategy and execute all relevant tests [such as functional, performance and Ensures ‘quality’ is ingrained in every phase of the development life cycle.
• Constantly review operational procedure and identify opportunities to improve.
• 10+ years of hands on experience performing quality engineering activities for enterprise software products built on Linux platform.
• Define functional and non-functional (performance, stress, security, regression, Sanity) Use cases, identify gaps, assess capability, and document risks.
• Previous experience as a Test and Automation engineer (QA/QE/SDET) with excellent programming/ scripting skills in at least one language [ Python, Java or PERL ..etc]
• Experience/knowledge of the Continuous Integration (CI) test environments (Jenkins)
• Hands on experience with performance testing using home grown or tools like Loadrunner/SilkPerformer; Working knowledge of the performance benchmarking/KPIs for complex software products will be an added advantage.
• Understanding of information security concepts, working experience with a SIEM and/or a network security product lines will be an added advantage.
• Previous experience working in a scrum environment. Communicates assertively with scrum members.
• Proactive and constantly seeks opportunities to improve the velocity of the scrum.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
Engineering - Software
400 - SECURITY
US - Virginia - Reston