Dell Solutions Consultant - Richmond, VA (Remote) in RICHMOND, Virginia
Solutions Consultant - Richmond, Virginia (Remote)
Dell EMC is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our clients' success. We are looking for a Solutions Consultant to be based in Richmond, Virginia representing compute-centric data center solutions – this role has sales responsibilities and pipe management while exhibiting credible technical expertise onsite with customers. This role is Remote based.
A career as a Solutions Consultant is one which is truly exciting, dynamic, challenging and rewarding. This position is a technical sales role working in tandem and independently with our AE sales force located in the region
The SC role is a key position focused on partnering with the greater team to complete customers' data center vision and run compute-centric deals from 1%-100% while offering pre-sales engineering and key customer post-sales relationship management. This role will fall within Dell EMC's Infrastructure Solutions Group focusing on Compute, Storage, Networking and associated solutions. Servicing the Dell EMC Large Public Institutions and commercial Mid-Market segments, the SC is responsible for program execution, account planning, performing product demos and whiteboards, building key relationships, running events, achieving technical win, and leveraging the right resources. This is a field based, virtual office position, managing a territory based in Southern Virginia. Travel is required and all customer should be located within a reasonable radius so overnight travel will be limited. The SC is required to live within the region they serve, so no relocation will be offered at this time.
- Work with assigned field sales account executives and inside sales teams within our sales division to drive and grow the data center business within their specific customer account set (20-200 accounts)
- Work interdependently with account team members, but be very effective independently to grow your data center business
- Responsible for discovering, identifying, qualifying and closing compute data center business including Hyper-converged, Server, Networking, data center infrastructure, software and Services technology solutions that we sell to our customers
- Responsible for developing the strategic enterprise sales business plan for the team to execute successfully to grow
- Work with account team to identify the customer IT decision makers and key influencers within the agency in order to build trusting customer relationships that enable Dell to become primary partner of choice for data center technology solutions
- Identify and overcome the technical barriers associated with the customers IT decision making process with a focus on delivering solutions that meet/exceed the IT and Business requirements of our customers. Leverage resources to reach technical or a sales win by providing demos, engaging product specialists, reference whitepapers, blueprints, and solution experts centered on big data, work load optimization, security, cloud, mobility, HPC, etc
- 5-10 years experience in selling data center solutions
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to work as a virtual team member and collaboratively with employees within department and across functions
- Aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems
- Strong knowledge of data center challenges including but not limited to virtualization, storage, application workload management, and IT simplification/consolidation, server hardware
- Strong knowledge of the reseller channel partners within the territory
- BA/BS or post graduate degree from accredited college or university in a related field of study or equivalent sales experience
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with passion for technology.
When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind : Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers
Organization: Commercial Sales
Title: Solutions Consultant - Richmond, VA (Remote)
Location: North America-US-VA-Richmond
Requisition ID: 17000J7B