Dell Inside Product Specialist 3 in Round Rock, Texas
Join Dell and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
Responsible for selling a defined set of products and services. Provides technical advice to the inside sales teams during the sales process. Accountable for delivering technical solutions, products, and /or services that address customer needs of varying complexity (via telephone, chat, web, or e-mail); or working with subject matter expert to address a solution of even higher complexity.
- Acts as a technical resource to support the sales organization to meet and/or exceed their objectives
- May own account sets and/or be called into accounts as opportunities are identified
- Identifies customer needs/ requirements, and recommends the appropriate products and solutions.
- Promotes and positions key strategic service offerings that help drive solutions
- Remains up-to-date on new product, technology, and services offerings
- Stays current on industry and vertical solutions as well.
- Display proficiency in positioning Total Services and assist with consulting opportunities & funnel to correct SME
- Identifies appropriate services to meet the full range of customer needs, primarily Enterprise
- Verifies operability of highly complex product and service configuration within the customer’s environment
- Synthesizes market and industry data to provide thought leadership to position value of the Dell Services
- Works with internal sales teams to ensure Services pipeline accuracy
- Acts as Services SME to internal and external customers
- Able to Provide mentoring to new SSRs in the organization
- Aligned to highly complex and strategic named accounts
- Anticipates how market and competitive factors will influence the selling of Dell products and services
- SME in Multiple Services Towers
Seen as a trusted business advisor w/ customer; uses in-depth knowledge of Dell’s technology, products and services to help customers formulate direction
5-7 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong knowledge of applicable Dell technology, products, and services and is able to identify how these products and services align to customer needs.
- Maintain awareness of market conditions and competitors’ products and pricing.
- Work in a team environment and demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Effectively use software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware, software, and peripherals
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written skills
- Demonstrate professionalism with peers, subordinates, superiors, and customers
Manage time and prioritize effectively; demonstrate an ability to cope with a complex and changing environment Preferences:
High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree, technical college or some college course work preferred.
Job: *Inside Product Specialist
Organization: *Global Services
Title: Inside Product Specialist 3
Location: TX-Round Rock
Requisition ID: 17000N4T