Dell Inside Product Specialist 4 in Round Rock, Texas
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We offer powerful, yet easy-to-use, solutions that span the entire breadth of the information lifecycle, enabling companies to better manage data, improve data integration and amplify the benefits of data performance.
As an Inside Product Specialist you will be responsible for selling a defined set of products and services. Provides technical advice to the inside sales teams during the sales process. Accountable for delivering technical solutions, products, and /or services that address customer needs of varying complexity (via telephone, chat, web, or e-mail); or working with subject matter expert to address a solution of even higher complexity.
- Provides product or BU specific expertise.
- May own account sets and/ or be called into accounts as opportunities are identified.
- Acts as a technical resource to support the sales organization to meet and/or exceed their objectives.
- Identifies customer needs/ requirements, and recommends the appropriate products and solutions.
- Provides pre-sales technical support during the sales process
- Remains up-to-date on new product, technology, and services offerings.
- Stays current on industry and vertical solutions as well.
Assists in the on-going technical education and development of the broader team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Uses thought leadership to build customer relationships and assist customers in developing business solutions using Dell products and services.
- Coaches others in closing complex deals and assists others in keeping up-to-date on Dell’s technology, products, and services.
- Exhibits a broad base knowledge of multiple or related industries as well as an acute business understanding.
- Organizes internal/external resources in response to customer needs.
- Articulates how the Dell business model relates to selling Dell products and services.
- Works with minimal direction.
- Work is guided by sales objectives. o Manages multiple assignments and customer sales. o Independently determines approach to sales activities.
- Anticipates and prevents potential problems.
- Independently develops solutions that are thorough, practical, and consistent with functional or customer objectives.
- Provides guidance, direction and subject matter expertise to lower level representatives.
- Updates management on sales activities and achievement of objectives.
- Devises new approaches/methods to selling Dell products and services.
- Uses leadership skills to build relationships and assist customers in developing business solutions using Dell products and services.
- Assumes leadership role in keeping sales teams and customer accounts up to date on Dell’s specialized products and services.
- Encourages others to stay up-to-date in their knowledge of what is going on in Dell, and in relevant industries.
- Develops relations with key vendors to better position industry technology within Dell solutions.
- Coaches and supports others in resolving complex, high risk customer issues.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree, technical college or some college course work preferred.
Job: *Inside Product Specialist
Organization: *Commercial Sales
Title: Inside Product Specialist 4
Location: TX-Round Rock
Requisition ID: 17000LFI