Dell Hardware Engineer 1 in Shenzhen, China
GENERAL SUMMARY :
Responsible for the qualification of Power Systems, supplier process and test auditing, qualification, and electrical characterization/application testing. Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of methods to test and troubleshoot newly developed and re-designed products, systems, and equipment. Candidate will be on-site at the supplier developing power systems for Dell EMC applications. The candidate will be responsible to drive and provide Dell EMC oversight of FRU level qualification within the supply base. Qualification deliverables of the Global Supply Chain Quality Engineering team include power FRU level characterization (specification validation), BOM review and critical component analysis, quality plan, DFX analysis, and supplier process capability, conduct Design FMEA, Drive reliability test result and sign Quality agreement with Supplier.
Drive continuous improvements based on supplier failure analysis and closed loop corrective actions, and assess quality and reliability risks. Monitor and report on supplier manufacturing, test, and ORT processes, perform regular focused audits of supplier manufacturing facilities and sub-component manufacturing facilities to facilitate quick understanding of specific issues, establish containment and corrective plans, and assess risk of identified issue. Expert in SPC and production processes. Develops acceleration and analytical methods and processes to enhance and ensure the reliability and quality of new and existing products. Analyzes failure reports and makes recommendations to improve existing processes.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Full use and application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
· Provide resolutions to an assortment of problems of moderately complex scope. Uses judgment within defined practices and procedures.
· Work under normal supervision. Follows established directions. Work is reviewed for accuracy and overall adequacy.
· Contribute to the fulfillment of projects and organizational objectives. Failure to achieve results or erroneous judgments or recommendations may require the allocation of additional resources to correct and/or achieve project goals.
· Primary intra-organizational with occasional inter-organizational and external customer contacts on routine matters. May provide guidance to non-exempt personnel.
· Good analytical analysis capabilities (i.e. circuit theory, etc.)
· Strong technical competency in Power Systems technology
· Strong organizational and communication skills required for effective supplier management
· Ability to work hands-on in a laboratory setting
· Ability to work cross-functionally
· Strong project management and problem solving skills
· Interpersonal skills.
· Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge
· Strong computer skills
Education Required: BS and or MS Electrical Engineering in Power Systems Evaluation and/or Development
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
200 - STORAGE CORPORATE
China - Shenzhen