Dell Software Sr Principal Engr in TAIPEI, Taiwan
Join Dell and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals. We are looking for world class developers that can lead and drive our teams forward quickly while maintaining a high level of engineering rigor and discipline.
As a platform software engineer, you’ll work with an experienced team of engineers to develop driver and/or firmware/software for next generation tablet, notebook, workstation, and desktop products to drive industry leading IP / feature development. You’ll apply skills and experience across the full cycle of software development (specifications, reviews, development and review, debug and validation) to enable features and capabilities of platforms in areas like thermal, power management, security, manageability, manufacturability and
Our team is part of the End User Computing organization and it is a critical area of investment for differentiation of our products. We deliver solutions and features for platforms across the business client space as well as some select consumer space products.
• Responsible for System SW / Driver implementation/management for assigned projects, like laptop.
• Participates in the preparation, review, and analysis of System SW / Driver requirements and specifications.
• Participates in the creation of design, functional, technical, and/or user documentation, as needed.
• Provide ODMs and TPs assessment for new product development, and manage ODMs and TPs for System SW development, issue management for root causing, resolution and closure through the entire cycles.
• Maintain source code revision control.
• Clearly communicate project issues and status.
• Manage ODM to conduct troubleshooting, root-causing and bug fix for any System SW related issues.
• Accurately log project schedule, defect, and other data into the appropriate databases.
• Team work with other functional teams like EE, Testing and so on
10-12 years experience in Driver / FW development
Technical problem solving skills / debug capabilities
Driver / FW programming experience.
Low level programming capability - system/motherboard/device/chipset level
Familiarity with higher level programming (apps / tools)
Agile software development experience
Experience with analyzers and other HW tools to debug complex system SW issues
Familiar with code programming in both assembly and C/C++ language
Expertise with Intel system architectures
Experience working with Industry forums for spec development like WHQL, WDK.
Ability to take ideas from concept phase to delivery. This includes creating design docs, scoping design and requirements,
detailed spec creation, Proof of Concept design and implementation/productizing
Ability to distill complex concepts into material marketing and non-technical teams can understand
Work cross teams and organizations to drive champion ideas and gain alignment
Proven track record is product development/design with strong Program Management skillset is a must
Good analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills.
Basic understanding of hardware and software interactions.
Good interpersonal/communication skills.
Ability to operate as an individual contributor and within a team environment.
Good English skill
Organization: Client Solutions
Title: Software Sr Principal Engr
Requisition ID: 17000D2I