Dell Lead Spec, Ent Tech Support in Xiamen, China
Responds to customer technical problems/issues related to hardware and software via e-mail/chat and phone.
Owns customer issues from beginning to resolution (handles in place).
Assists customers by diagnosing problems and providing resolutions for technical and service issues.
Uses troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify products that are defective and follows guidelines in issuing service calls/contacts.
Advises/educates customers within procedural guidelines to ensure a complete solution to their technical or service questions.
Recreates, identifies and provides input on unique or recurring customer problems.
Remains knowledgeable of Dell’s product line, current industry products and technologies.
Focuses on delivering a positive customer experience according to Dell standards.
Monitors and tracks issues to ensure accurate resolution.
Actively involved in revenue generation activities with current Dell customers.
Reviews and distributes pertinent cross-functional information (e.g., Sales, TAMs, Customer Care, External Vendors, etc.).
The Support Engineer provides first-line technical support to Dell Wyse & IoT customers and partners via phone, email, or chat. Support Associates answer questions about installation, operation, customization, performance and usage of Dell Wyse products. The Engineer should have good knowledge in Server/Virtualization/Cloud/Networking technologies and be well versed in competing technologies, competitive product features, configurations, and industry direction.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Good knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SNMP, FTP, TFTP), DHCP, DNS, RDP, PCoIP. Wireshark, Firewall, PocketCloud, TCX, INI Parameters, Client Information, Firmware Updates, Basic Troubleshooting, Basic Installation and Initial Configuration, Install Drivers, Diagnostics.
• Good knowledge on Routing and Switching & Wireless Networks. (CCNA/CCNP or above a plus)
• Good understanding and knowledge of LAN/WAN fundamentals
• Good knowledge of Citrix/VMWare/Microsoft/Teradici/Linux (prefer SUSE, Ubuntu)
• Good Knowledge of Microsoft Server OS 2003/2008/2012, SQL Server Installation/Configuration/Troubleshoot, Scripts, SQL Queries, Group Policies, Active Directory Domain Services, HyperV, Load Balancing (Any MS certification a plus)
• Basic Knowledge of Linux/UNIX OS, Linux User Management/ Group Management/ File Permissions, Linux File System Check
• Basic Knowledge of Vmware - VMWare View (VCA/VCP a plus), Virtual Machine Management, VM Storage, VM Networking
• Basic Knowledge of Citrix - Citrix XenApp & XenDesktop (CCEA a plus)
• Good troubleshooting skills
• Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• English Language skills
• Business use of Microsoft Office products
• Major vendor & Industry certifications are also desirable
• Night Shift
•BE/BTech with 1- 4 years (IE) and 4 years (IG)of Technical & Customer Support Experience.
•Creative problem solving skills and dedication to seek problem resolution
•Have the ability to work independently and also as a team to resolve problems.
•Good customer-relation skills and the ability to communicate intelligently and efficiently.
•Desire to learn new technologies, adapt leadership techniques, and implement networking best practices
Job: *Enterprise Tech Support
Organization: *Global Services
Title: Lead Spec, Ent Tech Support
Requisition ID: 17000NHK