Dell Cyber Security Senior Advisor, Remediation in Limerick, Ireland
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Cyber Security Senior Advisor, Remediation
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day. And we provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Cyber Security Senior Advisor on our Cyber Security team in Limerick, Ireland.
From commercial contracts to cyber security, IP to ethical practices – Dell’s Legal teams always have new, interesting and complex challenges to tackle. Legal Operations provides all the administrative, reporting and program management support they need to succeed. Whether focused locally, regionally or globally, Legal Operations professionals develop plans, oversee programs and processes and maintain records. They review legal data, provide policy information and legal advice across the organization and manage a wide range of legal business matters.
The Remediation Analyst will work with the Cybersecurity, IT Infrastructure and application teams to identify vulnerabilities, define and recommend security measures required to remediate and/or mitigate vulnerabilities that impact Dell's business interests.
• Support IT, Engineering and other business units with security scanning activities.
• Actively reviews vulnerability reports/notifications/disclosures and vulnerability scans to identify risks, utilize industry standard risk methodologies to rank and prioritize remediation and/or mitigation.
• Compile vulnerability and compliance reports, provide remediation recommendations, and tabulate metrics on vulnerabilities and remediation activities.
• Maintain awareness of vulnerability information, complexity to exploit, and exploit availability or feasibility to create an exploit.
• Collaborates with IT Service Centers and Business units to determine reporting and metrics needs and share and present reporting and metrics to those groups.
• Understands and advises on enterprise policies and technical standards with specific regard to vulnerability management and secure configuration.
• Work with IT and Business Units teams to triage vulnerability reports and determine the impact on Dell infrastructure and applications. Reviews and follow-up on identified vulnerability remediation efforts, and validate successful implementation of the recommended mitigating controls.
• Participates in the creation, review and maintenance of current and proposed processes and procedures and related documentation within vulnerability management and remediation team.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Risk Management, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience. 6+ years of related experience, specifically in Vulnerability Management, Security Operations, Incident Response
• Advanced experience with vulnerability scanning tools and risk management reporting platforms. Experience with Nexpose (Rapid7) is a plus.
• Demonstrate knowledge of IT security / hardening best practices; including but not limited to operating systems, web applications, and network devices.
• Written and verbal communication skills in security assessment documentation
• Experience in security and risk management
• Good technical aptitude, problem solving and ability to quickly learn and master new topics and domains.
• Understanding and knowledge of OWASP tools and methodologies and security attack vectors
• Ability to prioritize projects, tasks and deliverables and manage dynamic priorities
• The ability to work comfortably and successfully in a fast-paced environment with frequent changes in priorities
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Closing date: Taking Applications Today!
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.